CostSaver 2012: Highlights of Italy and Greece 2012
Tour Type: Italy and Combinations Regionals
Brochure Type: CostSaver 2012
Rome is where we begin our enchanting tour through two of the world's most beloved countries. Here, visit the famous Trevi fountain before pausing to take in historic Pompeii and charming Sorrento. Sail by night to the home of culture, mythology and democracy -Greece- and celebrate the sights of Olympia with its temples dedicated to Zeus and Hera. Delve into the mystique of Athens and Delphi and stand amongst the ruins of the first Olympic Games.Sightseeing Highlights
- Rome Views of the Forum and Circus Maximus plus a visit to St. Peter's Basilica.
- Sorrento Orientation tour plus witness the art of inlaid woodwork.
- Olympia Visit the Olympic Stadium and the Temples of Zeus and Hera.
- Delphi Visit the home of the Oracle.
- Athens Sightseeing featuring a visit to the Acropolis and Parthenon plus the Royal Palace. View Hadrian's Arch.
First Class Travel Highlights
- 9 buffet breakfasts.
- 4 three-course dinners.
- Accommodation in twin-bedded rooms with private facilities.
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and a washroom onboard.
- Services throughout the trip of a professional multi-lingual Travel Director.
- Qualified Local Guide in Rome, Olympia, Delphi and Athens.
- Overnight ferry cruise from Brindisi to Patras.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map.
|Call (630) 879-2930 for more information or to book today! Mention code 10458321|
|Day 1||Depart USA||DEPART USA: Overnight flight to Rome.|
|Day 2||Rome||ARRIVE ROME (2 NIGHTS): Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City! Relax and unwind after check-in. Later this afternoon meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers.|
Aran Park (First Class)
|Day 3||Rome||ROME SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME: Your morning guided sightseeing tour with your expert Local Guide starts with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica. Then cross the River Tiber to view the Circus Maximus, the Forum, the centre of daily life in ancient Rome, and the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre in the Roman Empire and the site of gruesome public entertainment! Spend free time afterwards exploring this wonderful city on your own. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Sorrento||ROME - SORRENTO (2 NIGHTS): Journey south past the Abbey of Monte Cassino, scene of fierce fighting during the Second World War, into the fertile Campania region. There is the opportunity to take an optional guided walking tour of Pompeii, the vibrant Roman city buried beneath tons of volcanic ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted in AD 79. Later enjoy a dramatic scenic drive to your hotel in Sorrento. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Parco del Sole (Moderate First Class)
|Day 5||Sorrento||SORRENTO SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME: Your day starts with an orientation tour of Sorrento and a visit to an inlaid wood workshop to see how these wonderful local crafts are produced. Later, don't miss the opportunity to take an optional cruise excursion to the Isle of Capri, featuring a ride by funicular railway through lemon groves to the Piazzetta in Capri town, a guided walking tour and spectacular views across the Faraglioni rocks, this picturesque island has beguiled locals and tourists for centuries! (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 6||At Sea||SORRENTO - BRINDISI - AT SEA: Today, traverse Italy from coast to coast via Salerno and Potenza to the port of Brindisi, where you board a ferry for your overnight trip to Patras in Greece. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Olympia||AT SEA - PATRAS - OLYMPIA: Cross the Ionian Sea for a morning arrival in Patras. Continue by road to Olympia, where your expert Local Guide takes you on a tour of the world's oldest Olympic Stadium - the first Olympic Games took place here in 776 BC. Explore the Temples of Zeus and Hera, thought to be the oldest structure at Olympia. Dine tonight at your hotel. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Olympia Palace (First Class)
|Day 8||Delphi||OLYMPIA - DELPHI: A scenic drive brings you to Delphi where your experienced Local Guide takes you on a walking tour of the sights, including the famous Oracle! Walk along the Sacred Way to visit the ancient Sanctuary of Apollo. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Art Pythia Delphi (Superior Tourist)
|Day 9||Athens||DELPHI - ATHENS (2 NIGHTS): Pass Thebes, birthplace of Oedipus, to the Greek capital, Athens. Enjoy a wonderful sightseeing tour with your expert Local Guide, including a walk around the Acropolis and Parthenon. See the Agora - where Socrates taught - the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch and the stadium built in 1896 for the first modern Olympic Games. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Zafolia (Moderate First Class)
|Day 10||Athens||ATHENS - FREE TIME: Spend today relaxing, seeing the sights of your choice and shopping for souvenirs! This evening, maybe enjoy dinner in one of the many restaurants in the Plaka area of the city. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 11||Return USA||ATHENS - USA: Say farewell to Athens at the end of your fascinating holiday in Italy and Greece. Airport transfers available. Conditions apply. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.|
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class